Friday, August 3, 2018

Color Distortion

One of the things that concerns me in the way I'm doing the comic currently is the color distortion that is happening.  I currently create the comic digitally on my computer and then upload it to YouTube.  

When I do this two things happen, the program shrinks the images down and also darkens them quite a bit.  Then once it's on YouTube, I use the enhancement option to adjust the color to make it brighter, but it never works out quite the same way twice.  This means the colors are not consistent throughout each issue.  Also, it takes about 5 hours per issue for the color enhancement to take effect. 

Further more, I found out that YouTube is doing away with a lot of the enhancement options this month on the 22nd, which means my comic is going to appear a lot darker going forward.  

While not a perfect process, it was still something I utilized and now I'm not sure how it will work out.

Here's an example of what I'm talking about.  This is a scene from issue # 4, on the left side is the original work done on my computer - on the right side is how it looks on YouTube after the color 'enhancement' currently:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...