Wednesday, August 1, 2018

Issue 4 Deleted Scenes

When doing issue 4 I decided to leave a couple of scenes out of the final book.  The first scene that got cut takes place while Magno and Coaxoch are sitting by the fire talking.  To be honest, I don't know that much about Aztec history and when I originally read about them, I thought that Aztlan the name of a man and a village that was important to their origins.  I later realized that it wasn't a man at all, just the village that they originated from.  The scene cut was of Coaxoch telling Magno about Aztlan the man.  It was never inked
so it's a little faint to make out.


The second scene comes a little later in the issue when Magno and Coaxoch break into the temple and she sees her rubies on the statute and points to them.  As I was inking the issue, I realized that I had two scenes where she pointed to the statute and I just felt that was redundant.  In this panel you can also see my original sketch of the statute, which helped me keep the size ratio I wanted.  Clearly it looked much different in the final issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...