Wednesday, August 29, 2018

Issue 5 and Big Changes

Quite a bit going on with the latest issue, which went live late yesterday.  Normally I share the link right away, but I wanted to wait until I got home and had time to write this up.

First, here is a link to the comic and a little image to go with it:

In this issue we meet Freedom and learn about his past as he helps Master Mind when she is caught up in the civil rights struggle when she finds herself in the 1960's.

As for the book, you'll see some pretty big changes with this one, but I'll save the best for last!

First up is the artwork.  Throughout the first 4 issues I've been disappointed with the artwork, none has really been up to my standards as I've really struggled with doing the comic digitally, while there were some perks with it, there were more problems than not, in particular for me was keeping the proportions correct.  I've actually made a change in the way I'm doing the artwork and it is starting to improve and hopefully will continue to do so.

Second, is the brightness, this is actually a step in the wrong direction.  When I do my comic they colors are bright and vibrant (as they appear here), but whenever I upload it to YouTube, for some reason the colors get darker.  For the first 4 issues I've adjusted the colors to make them brighter, but on August 22, YouTube took that option away - now every issue is going to be darker than it should be and I'm not happy about it.  I just have to figure out a way to get around this.

Third, and MOST important is that starting with this issue there is now a musical score that plays in the background while you read the comic.  The music is composed by my cousin, John Allerton, who reached out to me and offered to let me sample some of his music for the comic.  I think his music is an improvement to the comic, which until now had been silent - something very few videos are on YouTube.  I hope everyone likes his music as much as I do, feel free to give it a listen in the latest issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...