Monday, October 21, 2019

Saxx and Cord

In the newest issue I introduced two new characters, Saxx and Cord.  

There is a lot of mythology already in the comic and there is more to come as time goes on.  With their introduction, I pay homage to the Norse Gods.  Up until this point in the issues I've only been dealing with the Greek Gods.

Saxx and Cord are interesting characters for me - when I wrote the original stories for my comic (years ago) I actually didn't plan to reveal what the relationship was between them - boy/girl friend, husband/wife, brother/sister, etc... In fact in the original stories I had it more of a running joke as to not reveal their relationship and keep everyone guessing.

When I was working on getting ready to launch my comic back in 2012 I decided to take a different approach to them and reveal what their relationship to each other was; which we learn in issue # 11, I actually thought it might be funnier this way.

They've come a long when from when I first designed them, but I thought I'd give you a look at my first drawings of the characters:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...