Saturday, November 30, 2019

Issue 12 a look forward

After having spent the last 11 issues building the team, I'm kind of happy hitting issue 12 - although to be honest, it was a wake up call in a way - I set out to do this as a monthly comic and I'm kind of mad at myself that I didn't stick with that schedule.  If I had, issue 12 would have come out in April of 2019 instead of November of 2019, so my resolution for next year is to try my best to keep the comic monthly.

This issue kicks off a 3 part story, although it was originally planned to be a 2 part story, issue 12 was running very long so I broke it up and had to hurry up to come up with a cover for it.  What was actually going to be the cover to issue 12 got pushed back to be the cover to issue 13.

In this story line we see the villains invading Diodarius' realm where they find just a small handful of his children there.  This leads the Ultra-Elite Team to come to their assistance, but the question remains - will that be enough?  This story introduces several new characters and has some shocking twists and turns, leading to the set up of what is coming later that will affect the team for years to come.

Here's a link to the issue, if you want to check it out on Youtube:  Issue 12  or you can go to Fotki and check it out there was well.

One of the things that interesting is that we get to see some of Diodarius' ream:

We also get to see the whole team in action - and boy has the whole team grown from the original six members it started with back in issue 1, today it looks like:

Well, enough chatting - I better get back to work on issue 13. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...