Saturday, June 19, 2021

Time, the Tree and Me & Issue 22

We have to go a little back in time for this blog...back in 2012 I had the idea to revive my characters that I had created over twenty years ago and that started me on a bit of a journey to where I am today with the characters, although I didn't really start to work on the art until 2014.

In 2015 Webtoons held a contest to try to get new creators onto to their platform and I decided to take part.  While I wasn't ready to launch my main comic, I did have ideas about another storyline that was going to involve time-travel and be influenced by genealogy; the title was Time, the Tree and Me.

Here's a couple of samples from what I produced then:



It was a black and white series that I never finished, although I did complete several more panels for the series.  Of course I didn't win the contest, but it really was an eye-opener about how to produce a web comic and I learned so much from that experience.    Somewhere out there they are still floating around on Webtoons.

I like the concept though and decided to bring that into my main comic, the Ultra-Elite Team; and really it wasn't hard to do - it was easy enough to make the connection between Cat's human half - Rick King and Brian King, the star of this series.  

In issue 22 of the comic, I finally brought this concept into the main book, but it really was just the introduction, there's a lot more story coming with Brian King in the years to come!

Here are a few panels from issue # 22:





No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...