Saturday, April 28, 2018

Issue 1 Deleted or Altered Scenes

When I started to work on my comic again in 2012 my artwork had deteriorated since I last drew some years before and it took me a while to get the artwork back to where I wanted it to be.  I actually started to produce issue 1 in 2016 and to complicate things it took me a while to get comfortable doing digital artwork as everything I had ever done prior was done on paper or poster board.

Here are the first two panels I created for the first issue back in 2016.  I wasn't happy with the way they turned out, the color was not vibrant enough and the explosions in the back - well, that just didn't really look like an explosion.  Originally the opening scene was going to be Titan flying over a desert-like area dotted with towering rock formations, but I decided to do away with that scene entirely.  

The two pictures here are after he was done flying, but before he attacked the building.  These are the first two panels I ever colored in digitally.











The last deleted scene was one that I altered only when I was inking the final pages.  Near the end of issue 1 you see a woman with pink hair (who you'll meet in a few issues) running in to see her father.  In the original scene I drew, her father was seated on a throne, but I felt that it would look better if he were standing in front of a star backdrop.

Never inked, the below picture is the original scene for the issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...