Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Issue 3 & Scheduling

As I write this I'm hard at work on issue # 3 and with only 11 panels left to do, I'm hoping to get it done and published on Tuesday, June 5 - am also really trying hard to get it done by then as I want to change it to be a first week book.

When I published originally in April, I did it as soon as I heard from the Library of Congress that the copyright was secured, but after doing the comic for two issues, I really think it would be cool to pull it up and start the month with it.

I'm also really enjoying issue # 3 as it's truly the first book that I'm enjoying creating - don't get me wrong, I loved doing the first two, but 3 is where I really start to go into hints about the larger universe I'm creating. Starting with 3 and moving on for the next 5 issues after that I'm focusing on one character at a time and each issue serves to set up a character or concept that will play a role in my comic for several years to come - in fact, some of that is revealed won't even be fully explained for a few years - but everything that is hinted at will have a deeper meaning in the future.

Issue 3 also starts to see the inclusion of another aspect of the book that will play a huge role, Mythology - that is something I've always loved, especially Greek mythology, and for issue 3 that's what I touch on as Crossbow finds herself face-to-face with Diodarius, a character who I've hinted at in issues 1 and 2 and who will have a major impact on the team.  

Issue 3 is also the first one where I really feel comfortable with the coloring and lettering - and boy was that a learning process!  Everything up to about 2014 I did with pencil and paper - but now with doing the comic online with layers and shading, the first two issues were a struggle at times and I don't know that I really got it right, but with 3 - at least for the coloring, I think I'm in a good place (and hopefully got it right, or at least closer to right)! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...