Saturday, May 26, 2018

Creation

I have a cousin who is reading the comic and he asked me about my inspiration on creating one of the characters, and that was a tough question to answer.

I created most of the founding members back when I was in 5th grade.  It was around June and the end of the school year and I was in class thinking about comics or super-heroes no doubt, as that was mostly what I thought about and, as near as I can remember, the idea for Titan came to me first.

By the end of the day, I had thought up Crossbow, Cat, Magno, Phantom and Mr. Roboto (M.R.) - of course Master Mind came a little later.  To be honest, I don't really recall what prompted that and I don't know that they were inspired by anything - they just sort of appeared in my mind.

I ended up thinking about them over the next couple of weeks and then when my family went on vacation for the July 4th week, that was when I drew them for the first time.  I thought up Master Mind sometime later that summer, but it was before school started again.

I'm sorry to say that I don't even know the exact day that I created them, back then I only wrote the year on my artwork and not the exact date, so I'm just relying on what I can remember.

Some of the characters that I created later I do remember the inspiration for, more so with the later ones I created.

Then there is Diodarius, who everyone will meet for the first time in issue 3, although he's been mentioned already.  I actually created him back when I was about 6 or 7, but at the time I called him Wonder Boy.  In fact, in my mind I called him that up until around 2013 when I started to write up the stories for the series, but decided to change the name then.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...