Saturday, June 9, 2018

Careless Error Leads to Name Change

When I was doing issue # 1 I was very focused on the heroes, but not as much on the villains and that ended up causing a little problem.  When I originally created the character (pictured below) I created him with the name Whirl, but when I was doing issue 1 I had forgotten that and used the name Twirl, which was also the name I have the copyright for on this character - so a careless error on my part led to me changing the name.
One of the things that I've really enjoyed about doing this series is getting to see my characters in full color, they way they always looked in my mind.  As a kid when I created them, I drew a lot of the original images with crayon.  As I got older, I used markers (which fade badly over time), but the colors were never really bright enough, or clean enough, for me.  The first time I got to see them in full, crisp colors I was very happy.

Of course the one exception to this is Twirl, he's the only character that I actually think looks better using marker, I haven't been able to digitally duplicate what I can do with marker when I color him in.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...