Friday, June 8, 2018

Debut Image Original Art

Back when I had the idea to do something with my characters, I hadn't drawn them in over 10 years - in fact I hadn't drawn anything in over 10 years, so I was a little rusty, at some point I'll do some posts showing how my artwork changed over the years.  

It was in 2016 that I started to actually draw issue # 1 and that is when I created (what I'm calling now) the debut image - when everyone got to meet my characters for the first time.  It had been a long time since I drew all of my founding members together.  Here is the image as I originally drew it.
Luckily for me, I was able to fix Phantom's face in the final ink job, but for the most part I'm pretty happy with the original pencil art.

I don't recall how long it took me to ink it, but it was the first panel for issue one that I colored in digitally.  It took me 6 hours to color it.  To be honest, it was quite a bit of a learning curve to do digital coloring.  Now I can color and letter a panel in about 15 minutes.  Below is the final edit of this image:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...