Friday, April 3, 2020

Fan Art

Over the past few months I've gotten a chance to chat with a few other creators, all working on creating and building their own comic universes just like I am.

One of them has a page and on Instagram their name is @thecircleuniverse and if you are interested in comics and on Instagram, you should check him out.  

One day he surprised me and created a fan art using his characters and mine as part of a crossover image.  It was pretty cool to see and actually a nice surprise for me as I didn't know he was doing that.  I'm attaching the images here and the copyright for his characters belongs to him.

One is the image and other is how it appears on the story on Instagram:
Its was nice because it was also my first ever fan art of my characters.  I think that a lot of creators like to see how their characters look through other artists styles, I know I do.

What did make me stop to think for a moment, way back in High School a friend drew a couple of my characters, which I can't share yet as I haven't introduced them in the book, as sort of a Friend Art, but that made me realize that people that know me in real life know and/or have seen all of my characters, yet for the comic the world at large is just meeting them for the first time here and there.

It is for that reason that I can't post a lot of my old artwork for my own characters, it would reveal too much as I used to draw large posters with all of them.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...