Saturday, August 15, 2026

Gods of the Earth

I finally finished updating the characters for my Gods of the Earth team!

Way back when I was starting this comic, I knew that I wanted to include the Gods and Goddesses of many pantheons from around the world (Plus one I made up as well).  While I knew that going into the story, I also realized what I didn't know - namely, who the other important gods were of the other pantheons!

I had known about Greek, Roman, Norse and Egyptian going into it, and actually shortly before the project I had begun reading a bit about the Shinto pantheon in Japan, but really my knowledge base was far from where I wanted it to be.  

However, for my story, most of them were just going to appear in the issue, many wouldn't even have speaking roles for their debut in issue # 15.   As I tried to get this list together, I went to Wikipedia and searched for the primary/chief gods/goddesses of the world pantheons and I got a pretty good list.

Next came the task of designing them, which I actually touched on in my last post.  

Since I decided to redo my Ultra-Pedia pages for each character, I went back and revisited each one.  Back when I was doing issue 15, I didn't have the luxury of time delve into each of them, but this time I took several months to learn more.  Not just their stories, but to also get a deeper understanding of what they might have looked like.  The new pages reflect that.  While many look very similar to the way they first appeared in my comic, a few have gotten some pretty serious makeovers to bring them more align with their followers' cultures. 

In the comic today, only a few are currently active, but you never know when more might make an appearance.  

Here is the new bio page for the team:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Gods of the Earth

I finally finished updating the characters for my Gods of the Earth team! Way back when I was starting this comic, I knew that I wanted to i...