The new Ultra-Pedia has finally broken even! What I mean by that is every character now has a page re-done and I have to wait until I publish more stories before I can upload any more pages! You can find all of them right here: Ultra-Pedia
Here's just a little screen capture of the first page:
Last year I had promoted that I was going to do this in 2026 and on January 4 of this year I uploaded Titan in the new album. Then this past Sunday, August 16, I actually finished all that I had to do for now, kind of...
What I mean by that - there are a few characters that have appeared in the comic so far that you won't find in there just yet, I did hold a few back as I'll be doing some origins soon and didn't want to give too much away. I thought I'd do a few Q & A below...
Will new pages be added in the future?
Yes, there will be new pages added when each new issue comes out. They are usually uploaded about a week after the new issue is published.
How long will you keep uploading new pages in the future?
For as long as I can. When I did the original Ultra-Pedia, back in 2018 and 2019, I did it in a format that didn't allow for updates. With these new pages, I can update them easily at any time, so adding to them will be no problem going forward.
How will we know which ones are new?
On the album on the website, once new pages are added there will be a "new" icon on the folder. That appears in bold next to the folder name. Once you go into the album, the website assigns each page a number, and the new pages will have their number in a highlighted box for one week after they've been uploaded. So, if you've read everything in the past, you can go through and just look for the highlighted numbers and those are the new pages. Also, if you click on each image, to the right of the image it will tell you the date it was uploaded, so you can get an idea that way too.
Do you plan to update every character again in the future?
Not really, my plan in the future is just to update those that need it. If a character hasn't appeared again, there won't be any reason to do an update. I did everyone/everything this time so I can have a format to update again as needed.
Won't the main characters need updates in the future?
Yes, some will need them, but I don't plan to do updates until a few more years have gone by. I haven't decided yet when that will be, but not for a while. Updating everyone now took almost eight full months, and while I enjoyed it, I don't plan to do that again soon.
What will happen to the pages when you do update one in the future?
I won't delete anything. When I do an update in the future, the 'existing' page will be moved into the old/original Ultra-Pedia folder and kept forever.
Lastly, is this all new artwork?
Mostly yes, as of now there are close to 500 pages and almost all of them have totally new artwork. There were are a few that I either used the artwork from the prior images (usually for objects, for example Golden Guardian's staff) or a few where I modified some of the original artwork (for example, Diodarius' realm, the original artwork was basically what I wanted, but I edited it and corrected some prior mistakes). In total, as of this post there are 496 pages published, 2 are just text pages and 489 are all new artwork! Of course, those numbers will change in the future as all new pages will have totally new artwork going forward.

No comments:
Post a Comment