Saturday, July 30, 2022

Status Update

I just wanted to touch base with everyone and let you know what I've been up to with the book and where it's going.  

The early part of the year the issues were coming out regularly, but as I mentioned in my last blog, my brother and I took a cross-country trip in May, which was a wonderful trip!  This of course pushed me back a bit in the comic, but I did get another issue out.  Then silence...

I wasn't actually silent, I was working on a larger issued for Webtoon's "Call To Action" contest.  After putting a lot of effort into that I was able to take part in the contest and meet the deadline they had.  Since this was published outside of the normal series on there, and since the contest winner won't be announced until September 30, you can only see the issue in its entirety if you search it out on Webtoons.  However, I 'wrote ahead' and this will actually become the October issue of the book, once the contest is over and I'll link to it then.

Here's one panel from it (less dialogue)

As for the future of the book, well there's a lot going on with it.  I've decided to up my artwork going forward.  As I work a full-time job, I pushed to try to get the book out monthly; often sacrificing quality for quantity and I've decided not to do that any longer.  From now on the artwork will be more detailed and dynamic, and if that means doing shorter issues or skipping a month then I'll do that.  

The next regular issue will be out in September and then should be monthly again for quite some time.  As for the long-term plans, next June I plan to do the first Ultra-Elite Team Annual (more on that later) and I'm working on putting together an Ultra-Pedia, an encyclopedia of my characters with all new artwork that I'm planning for about 2 years from now - I think it will be worth the wait, but I just want to get some more content out to make it worth the read when it finally gets published (my plan is for this to be an actual physical book as opposed to a webcomic).  

Anyway, I hope everyone is enjoying their summer and I probably won't have much to share until September, so I'll be back in the fall!  

Rich


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...