Saturday, August 20, 2022

Genealogy

Besides comics, another passion of mine is genealogy and I've worked for over a decade tracing my family tree and also connecting with hundreds of cousins on various branches of my family.  I decided to incorporate genealogy into my comic.  

I know over the years some of the heroes from the main publishers have dealt with their ancestry, I think most notable was the Silver Age Superman who had quite a well-documented family tree.  As for looking forward, very few dealt with descendants as much.  If I recall, Flash did for a while in the late 90's or early 2000's, but it wasn't too detailed.

I decided to go a little further and develop a full tree going forward for the descendants of Titan.  So far, I've brought the tree forward about 200 years to his eight-times great-grandchildren.  This has led to the creation of many new characters along the way.  Some of this has been hinted at in the comics already, but the entire tree isn't revealed yet - in fact, I'm still working on building it and probably won't finish it until near the end of 2023 or maybe mid-2024.  

Here's a sneak peek of part of the tree: 

Below is a peek of some of the new characters that I've created (in no certain order) and who will one day play a role in the series.  

Lots more to come!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...