Sunday, June 2, 2019

Bit of a Twist

I actually published the newest issue on Friday night, but I wanted to wait until I had a chance to sit down and say a little something about it.  This issue, which you can check out here: Interlude 1 is actually the first in a series of interludes that I plan to mix throughout the series.

While I strive to make the regular series monthly and all connected, the interludes will be random and stand alone stories.  They will service to introduce characters or concepts that will be used later in the series, but nothing that ties in directly to that month's issue.

The first interlude is an adaption of the Blue Light fairy tale told by the Brothers Grimm, it takes the basic elements from their original story and expands on them and links it into my universe.   When I originally wrote my series I had no interludes planned, but last summer the idea for this came to me and here we are.

Right now I have Interludes 2 and 3 written, but they won't be published for a while.  

The other thing was the style, this gave a change to try a different style that I hadn't done before.  In order to get the unique look for the issue, I had to use some outside help.  I actually created the comic the usual way and then used another company's free editing program to create the look I was going for.  This company, called LunaPic generously allows anyone to use their program for creating interesting special effects for their pictures.  You can check them out here: LunaPic.

Here's an example of what I did, below is the picture how I created it and right below that is how it looks after I edited it with LunaPic.


This gave the story more of a fairy tale look, well - I least I think it did, which is what I was trying to go for. Hopefully everyone will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Cover Redo

Since starting the comic back in 2018 my style has been changing a bit so I thought it would be fun to redo the cover to issue # 1 in the ne...